What Chesty Cough Treatment Options Are Available?
Looking to get rid of a chesty cough?
The body’s natural process of removing phlegm can be supported by a chesty cough treatment that includes using products from the Mucosolvan® Chesty Cough range. Mucosolvan provides chesty cough relief by liquefying the mucus. This makes it easier for the body to transport the phlegm out of the airways and allowing you to breathe freely again.
- loosens the mucus
- clears it from the airways and
- protects from new mucus.
The products are available in different forms. Visit our Chesty Cough symptoms page to learn more about other cough remedies that can be used to relieve or treat your symptoms.
6 tips to prevent chesty coughs
- Support your immune system with enough sleep and a healthy diet. Avoid alcohol and smoking to prevent irritation in your airways.
- Avoid very dry air. If necessary, use a humidifier to keep the air in a room healthy and moist.
- Stay away from infected persons as they can pass viruses that result in coughing.
- Avoid shaking hands with infected people. Unfortunately many people do still sneeze or cough in their hands and not their elbow. As a result, they end up contaminating their hands with viruses.
The unhealthy practice also leads to contamination of many surfaces in our environment such as doorknobs, supermarket trolleys, etc. This spreads the virus to other individuals.
- Pay close attention to your hands. Not touching the eyes or nose with the fingers will decrease the risk of infection.
- Wash your hands frequently with hot water and soap to avoid viruses spreading. This also reduces chances of irritating the airways which leads to common cold and cough symptoms.