1. What is the active ingredient in Mucosolvan?2
The active substance of Mucosolvan® is ambroxol, which is a derivative of vasicine. Vasicine is a naturally-occurring substance isolated from Adhatoda vasica, a plant drug used in Ayurvedic medicine.
2. Do I need to take Mucosolvan on an empty stomach?2
Mucosolvan can be taken with or without food.
3. What happens if I accidently take more than the recommended dose of Mucosolvan?2
No specific symptoms of Mucosolvan use overdose have been reported to date. In case of overdose, please consult a doctor as symptomatic treatment may be required.
4. What happens if I accidently give my child more or less than the recommended dose of Mucosolvan?84
As a general rule, read all the information on the medicine label and follow the directions. Do not give a child medicine more often or in greater amounts than is stated on the package.
5. What happens if I forget to take Mucosolvan?2
If you forget to take Mucosolvan or take too small a dose, wait until it is time to take your next dose and then continue taking Mucosolvan as instructed by your healthcare provider.